Thursday, August 15, 2013

Beauty Review: Almay liquid lip balm + MAC waterproof mascara

Hey Lovelies!
How's your week been so far?

I'm excited to share a review with you of a couple make-up items I recently bought and tried and am currently using.

The first being Almay's new color + care liquid lip balm in apricot pucker.

I wasn't sure how pigmented the color was going to be and so I was pleasantly surprised that it's not completely sheer. I think the color looks ok by itself on my lips, but I like the color better when applied on top of a light layer of pinkish lipstick.

See my dimensional lips here:

I swatched this lipgloss on the back of my arm for you to see:
I do like that this lip balm/gloss is not sticky like some lip products can be. When wearing this product, I felt like it did moisturize my lips since it did not dry them out. The applicator is somewhat spongey and soft and picks up enough color. On a scale of 5 stars I give it a 3.45.

The next item I purchased a couple weeks ago is from MAC.  I took advantage of MAC Cosmetics's free shipping online (which I believe is free shipping through the rest of August) and bought a couple items, one being a gift for one of my besties! The other item was for me, which was the Splashproof Lash Mascara in Blacksplash. It's a waterproof mascara.
The first day or two that I wore this mascara, I LOVED it! It didn't smudge on my lower lash line where I tend to have raccoon eyes within 3 hours of applying other mascara/s. I typically only add eyeliner and mascara on my upper lash line and lashes. It also didn't flake either. It was tougher to get off at night when i washed my face, but I don't mind using a cleansing cloth to remove the mascara.

The size of the wand is not huge and just the right size to me, making it easier for me to apply as I wiggle the wand across and up, really creating volume to my lashes.
not the best picture :/
 Now while the first couple days I LOVED this product, a couple days this week, i did notice some flaking below my eyes. Disappointing fact! :( I don't know if that's because of this specific type of waterproof formula, but problem can be solved with a light swipe of a q-tip or tissue. Because of the non-smudging factor, I rate this product a little high at 3.98 out 5 stars.

Have you tried either of these products? What is your favorite mascara? Do you have oily skin too, thus, having problems with mascara or eyeliner smudging under your eyes?
 photo signature_zps68838d56.png

3 comments:

holli said...

I'm always on the quest for finding the perfect mascara! I just bought a new waterproof mascara this week for my wedding. Its by Cargo - texas lash waterproof. I'll let you know....

Katie said...

i love that color! and i could use some good mascara!

Unknown said...

Hey there! I just wanted to stop by to say thanks for the follow on bloglovin'! I'm happy to be following you back :o) Hope are having a fabulous Friday and have a great weekend!

croppedstories@gmail.com
http://www.croppedstories.blogspot.com