Friday, February 24, 2012

want in on a little secret?

*in a whispering voice, Did my post title grab your attention? I hope so! Keep reading friends because I am about to tell you a little secret I've been keeping for the last two weeks!

The ever so giving & brilliant Ashley LeMieux of The Shine Project is changing the world WITH a little help from her friends, ME & YOU! We are now activating Pass It Forward! This is OUR project! We have the power to do so much good and pass on kindness to those who may feel forgotten, not loved or are simply having a bad day.

Here is what Ashley gave as an example for the Pass It Forward mission:

"Pass It Forward was designed to get people to do little things, everyday, that makes an impact on the community around them. Pass it Forward is designed around a card (read card that I've attached now so you understand). Each card is given a unique ID number. Lets say we're at McDonalds, and I decide to pay for the person behind me in the drive through. I'd give the cashier the card, and tell them to pass it along to the next car when the give them the food that has been paid for. I then go home and log into the website that was on the card, and find my unique ID number. I log into it, and add my information... My first name, city, and a description of what I did....
Let's say the person behind me was you, you would pass it forward to someone else, and then would go home and do the same thing. From the very beginning, you will be able to track where your card goes, and how many people you affect just by doing one simple act of kindness."


"Everybody can be great...because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love." Martin Luther King, Jr.

When Ashley first told me about the Pass It Forward, I immediately thought of the movie,"Pay it Forward". Even young kids get the idea and give with everything they have, when they put their mind to it. So we as adults can certainly do the same thing!

Check out myshineproject.com for all the happy details!

Let's go wave some shine around our world!
Link


1 comment:

Sue said...

I love this movement of Ashely's, it's very cool.