Tuesday, February 28, 2012

makeup tutorial: purple smokey eye

First of all, I wore pj's today. The temps here went from like almost 80 to a high in somewhere in the 60's today! This is my 2nd attempt at makeup tutorials and somehow the first take i got cut off, thus there's a part two. I did this smokey eye on the lighter side so it can work perfectly for daytime for the office, running errands or working at home.

I was having trouble with blogger uploading my videos...taking foreveerrrrr! So i'm posting links below for ya! Hope you enjoy and aren't afraid of a little color on your lids :)

part 1

part 2

before

after

p.s. I heard through the grapevine that shades of purple are flattering for those with brown eyes. However, i like to mix up the colors I use whenever i wear makeup. I don't always follow "the rules." ;)

5 comments:

suzie q. said...

okay, i'll try. i love make up but i can NOT do a smokey eye to save my life. consider this a challenge!

Meghan said...

Looking good girly!

The book I was talking about before is : Auschwitz: A Doctor's Eyewitness Account by Miklos Nyiszli

A Doctor from the camps wrote it about his experiences...definitely a different perspective than most Holocaust books! It is sooo good, but I will admit I teared up a couple times.

Let me know what you think once you read it!! (if you have a nook or nook account...email me...I bought it and it is available for LendMe!)

xoxo

Pammy said...

I loved this video tutorial you did! Now I want to try that concealer you talked about from hard candy!Where did you get that powder confection perfection? I have oily skin too especially on my t-zone!

Brittany T. said...

Suzie--i hope it works! I think anyone can pull off a smokey eye, including you! :)

Meghan--thank you darling :) and Thank you for the book title. unfortunately, i dont have a nook (now) thanks for offering though. I am sure i'll cry now. that book is next on my purchase list next time i go to barnes & noble.

Pam--complexion perfection palette i got at target. Watch my new vid for the red lip (there's a surprise for you hahaha).

Beth @ Through the Eyes of the Mrs. said...

Beautiful Eyes, I wish I could do my make up this good. I'm kind of challenged in that area or a lot challenged. I'm so glad I found your blog and can't wait to keep reading <3